- Visit Europe (Essentials: London, France, Italy, Scotland, Sweden, Ireland, Spain, Greece, the Netherlands)
- Conquer Mount Kinabalu (the tallest mountain is in Southeast Asia and also located right in my backyard! Well... almost.)
- Explore the Middle East
- Become a certified deep sea diver (so I can dive anyplace in the world I land myself in)
- Get a degree
- Witness a white Christmas (and why not make a snow angel while I'm at it?)
- Travel on a cruise ship (or even stepping on board for a few hours would be enough)
- Fall in love
- Get married
- Open a coffeehouse and bakery
- Give birth
- Write a book
- Own my own kitchen
- Make a difference in someone's life
I'm happy to report I've checked off 1 (or London, France, and Scotland, at least), 4, 5, 6, and 8! :)
It's a tad late in the year, but better late than never. Here's my revised 2011 Bucket List.
I have been spending the past two months thinking about what I want to do with my twenties - I was so driven and ambitious in my teens, and I think I've lost some of that! Plus, I'm quickly running out of time on my 9-year life plan that I decided upon at 15 (Finish high school - 16; Finish college - 19; Graduate from univesity - 21; Be working and living away from home, or married - 24).
I need a new life plan. So I actually should not call this a Bucket List, because this is really my list of things to do before I hit 30 (just 9 years to go, omg!). Then a new list begins.
- Travel somewhere alone.
- Tour France.
- Visit Italy, Sweden, Greece, and the Middle East. (I don't really give a damn where I go, as long as it's somewhere new, but if I could pick, it'd be these places first.)
- Speak French decently.
- Travel on a cruise ship or luxury train.
- Write a book. (Before 25)
- Own a house.
- Do humanitarian work for a year in a 3rd world country.
- Achieve a Master's degree and/or ESL teaching certification. (Before 25)
- Travel and teach anywhere outside Malaysia.